Oriental (TCM) Remedial Massage Therapy
What is Oriental (TCM) Remedial Massage?
Oriental Therapy evolved from a 5000 years old tradition of healing arts.
Oriental Therapy utilises a combination of pressure and assisted-stretching techniques, some of which are common to other therapies, such as Massage, Physiotherapy, Acupressure, Osteopathy, Lymphatic Drainage, Do-in and others.
The treatment stimulates the circulation and the flow of lymphatic fluid, releases toxins and deep seated tensions from the muscles, stimulates the hormonal system and the immune system, and acts on the autonomic nervous system, allowing the recipient to relax deeply and to get in touch with own healing power.
How to gain ANTA Accreditation in Oriental (TCM) Remedial Massage?
Here are a few tips to help you gain accreditation with ANTA in Oriental (TCM) Remedial Massage.
- Review our recognised courses to obtain information on colleges and courses ANTA recognises for accreditation
- Download a Membership Application form, fully complete and post into ANTA
- Ensure you have certified copies of your qualifications and academic records
- Use the applicants checklist within the application to ensure fully completed
Special Note: Diploma of Oriental (TCM) Remedial Massage Therapy
To be registered as a provider with Health Funds including Medibank Private and to be accredited in TCM Massage Therapy by ANTA you must meet the following education requirements:
- Complete a Diploma of TCM Remedial Massage Therapy (HLT50107, HLT50112) or equivalent
- The foundation/structure of the Diploma of TCM Remedial Massage excluding Certificate IV must in effect be either:
- 12 month full time course (note - a course that commences in the early part of the year with continuous attendance/study and finishes near the end of the year is deemed to be a 12 month course), or
- 18 month part time course, or
- of lesser time than the above as a result of recognition of prior learning or credits which are shown on the academic statement/transcript
- 20% of the course must contain clinical training to be completed on campus, supervised by a trainer with appropriate qualifications (note - any training completed off campus at a clinic with a practitioner is not acceptable)
- The following practical course components which require skills based knowledge must also be completed on campus – surface anatomy, palpation, clinical examination, assessment of conditions, treatment plans, tactile therapies, massage techniques and other associated therapeutics and techniques
All associations recognised by Medibank Private are required to ensure graduates meet the above educational requirements before submitting them to Medibank Private to be registered as a TCM remedial massage therapy providers.
ANTA Recognised Oriental Remedial (TCM) Massage Courses» New South Wales
ANTA's Scope and Standards of Practice
To view ANTA's commitment to the delivery of quality health care, public safety and promoting informed choices in Oriental Remedial Therapy read our Scope and Standards of Practice.
Locate an ANTA accredited Oriental Remedial Massage Therapist
Oriental Remedial Massage book reviews
Oriental Remedial Massage News
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 31 No.3 | Nov 2017
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.