Joining the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)
As a member of ANTA, you'll be among many natural therapy practitioners who value professional excellence. It's your choice, Naturally!
Whether you are a practitioner, a student, educator, researcher, administrator or manager, ANTA is here for you - working to protect your interests and practice every day.
Important Information for Applicants: How to Join ANTA
To be eligible for accreditation with the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) you are required to have completed a course that is recognised by ANTA. Review our recognised courses to obtain information on colleges and courses ANTA recognises for accreditation.
Your application is an important step in becoming a member of an association at the pinnacle of the profession. It is essential your application is fully completed and all supporting documentation supplied is certified as required. Applications are assessed on the information supplied and a checklist is provided for your convenience. See checklist below.
Applications for membership are reviewed and assessed by a panel of the Australian Natural Therapists Accreditation Board (ANTAB). Applications are reviewed and assessed in accordance with ANTA membership requirements (subject to change as determined by ANTA) at the time of application.
Note: If an application is incomplete, has missing information or non-certified documentation it is not able to be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
Please note: ANTA does not recognise undergraduate courses delivered substantially by Distance/Online or External modes. Health Funds do not recognise for provider registration purposes any undergraduate qualifications attained substantially by Distance/Online or External Modes.
Joining ANTA with an Overseas Qualification
If you have completed your training as a Natural Therapist overseas, and attained a Diploma, Adv. Diploma and/or Degree qualification you may then be eligible for membership with ANTA.
You will need to have your qualification evaluated for equivalency in order to become a member of the Australian Natural Therapist Association.
If you have qualifications from China you can contact VETASSESS to have formal qualifications awarded in the People's Republic of China verified.
Furthermore, if you have qualifications from other countries contact:
- Australian Education International (AEI) Qualifications recognition department (AEI-NOOSR)
- AEI-NOOSR provides information and services to help people have their overseas qualifications recognised in Australia
- Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship Overseas Qualifications Unit - assist migrants obtain recognition of their overseas gained skills and qualifications. They generally provide:
- Statements of educational comparison for qualifications obtained overseas.
- Information on where and how to obtain specific occupational assessments and which occupations have licensing and/or regulatory requirements.
- Information about further training, including: English language training, bridging training and orientation programs. They may also provide:
- Employment related information.
- Advocacy and help to present information to assessors and assessing authorities
If successful in verifying your qualification or obtaining a statement of educational comparison you can then submit an ANTA membership application form for assessment.
Applicants Checklist - What you'll need to Join ANTA
- Have you completed a course we recognise? - Review our recognised courses to check that course completed is recognised by ANTA for accreditation
- Ensure membership application is fully completed
- Correct membership fee included - cheques made payable to ANTA
- Certified copy of Academic Results
- Certified copy of Qualifications
- Certified copy of passport-size photo
- Certified copy of Senior (Level 2) First Aid Certificate
- Certified copy of CMBA registration if applying for Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine or Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Two written character references
- Statutory Declaration completed and signed (Page 4 of membership application form)
- Copy of Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Details of previous Clinical Practice (if applicable)
Persons who can Certify Documents
- Accountants and Registered Tax Agents
- Australian Consular or Diplomat
- Bank Managers
- Barristers and Solicitors
- Clerks of Courts
- Commissioner of Affidavits
- Commissioner for Declarations
- Members of Parliament
- Justice of the Peace
- Police Officers
- Postal Managers
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 30 No. 2 | Jul 2015
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.