Joining the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)
As a member of ANTA, you'll be among many natural therapy practitioners who value professional excellence. It's your choice, Naturally!
Whether you are a practitioner, a student, educator, researcher, administrator or manager, ANTA is here for you - working to protect your interests and practice every day.
Important Information for Applicants: How to Join ANTA
To be eligible for accreditation with the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) you are required to have completed a course that is recognised by ANTA. Review our recognised courses to obtain information on colleges and courses ANTA recognises for accreditation.
Your application is an important step in becoming a member of an association at the pinnacle of the profession. It is essential your application is fully completed and all supporting documentation supplied is certified as required. Applications are assessed on the information supplied and a checklist is provided for your convenience. See checklist below.
Applications for membership are reviewed and assessed by a panel of the Australian Natural Therapists Accreditation Board (ANTAB). Applications are reviewed and assessed in accordance with ANTA membership requirements (subject to change as determined by ANTA) at the time of application.
Please note: ANTA does not recognise undergraduate courses delivered totally by Distance/Online or External modes. Health Funds do not recognise for provider registration purposes any undergraduate qualifications attained by Distance/Online or External Modes.
Joining ANTA with an Overseas Qualification
If you have completed your training as a Natural Therapist overseas, and attained a Diploma, Adv. Diploma and/or Degree qualification you may then be eligible for membership with ANTA.
You will need to have your qualification evaluated for equivalency in order to become a member of the Australian Natural Therapist Association.
Below are links to Vetassess and Dept of Education & Training which assess overseas qualifications.
Both organisations provide information on how to have overseas qualifications assessed for Australian equivalency.
When applying for ANTA membership with overseas qualifications, please include the confirmation of assessment from either Vetassess or Dept of Education with your ANTA membership application.
Dept of Education
Please contact the team in the ANTA National Administration Office if you require any further information or assistance on 1800 817 577 or email@example.com
Applicants Checklist - What you'll need to Join ANTA
- Have you completed a course we recognise? - Review our recognised courses to check that course completed is recognised by ANTA for accreditation
- Ensure membership application is fully completed
- Correct membership fee included
- Certified copy of Academic Results
- Certified copy of Qualifications
- Certified copy of passport-size photo
- Certified copy of Senior (Level 2) First Aid Certificate
- Copy of CMBA registration if applying for Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine or Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Two written character references
- Statutory Declaration completed and signed (Page 4 of membership application form)
- Copy of Professional Indemnity Insurance / Certificate Of Currency
- Details of previous Clinical Practice (if applicable)
Persons who can Certify Documents
- Accountants and Registered Tax Agents
- Australian Consular or Diplomat
- Bank Managers
- Barristers and Solicitors
- Clerks of Courts
- Commissioner of Affidavits
- Commissioner for Declarations
- Members of Parliament
- Justice of the Peace
- Police Officers
- Postal Managers
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 31 No.3 | Nov 2016
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.