Recognised Courses - Shiatsu
To be eligible for accreditation with the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) you are required to have completed a course that is recognised by ANTA.
Below within each state is a list of the courses ANTA recognises for Shiatsu accreditation. Click on the state of your choice to view the available course providers and courses.
Special Note: Diploma of Shiatsu
To be registered as a provider with Health Funds including Medibank Private and to be accredited in Shiatsu by ANTA you must meet the following education requirements:
- Complete a Diploma of Shiatsu (HLT50207, HLT50212) or equivalent
- The foundation/structure of the Diploma of Shiatsu excluding Certificate IV must in effect be either:
- 12 month full time course (note - a course that commences in the early part of the year with continuous attendance/study and finishes near the end of the year is deemed to be a 12 month course), or
- 18 month part time course, or
- of lesser time than the above as a result of recognition of prior learning or credits which are shown on the academic statement/transcript
- 20% of the course must contain clinical training to be completed on campus, supervised by a trainer with appropriate qualifications (note - any training completed off campus at a clinic with a practitioner is not acceptable)
- The following practical course components which require skills based knowledge must also be completed on campus – surface anatomy, palpation, clinical examination, assessment of conditions, treatment plans, tactile therapies, massage techniques and other associated therapeutics and techniques
All associations recognised by Medibank Private are required to ensure graduates meet the above educational requirements before submitting them to Medibank Private to be registered as a Shiatsu providers.
» New South Wales
Please note: ANTA does not recognise undergraduate courses delivered substantially by Distance/Online or External modes.
Health Funds do not recognise for provider registration purposes any undergraduate qualifications attained substantially by Distance/Online or External Modes.
ANTA Course Code Key
ASH - A = Associate Level Accreditation, SH = Shiatsu
Use our search facility to find what you're looking for on the ANTA website.
The Natural Therapist
Issue: 31 No.3 | Nov 2017
Advertise on ANTA's website today or in the Natural Therapist journal and reach out to Australia's growing Natural Therapies community.